You could write how-to guides and sell them -- meeting a new need that wasn't on anyone's radar screen 20 years ago. By thinking like this, you will discover methods of making a cash income, simply by writing about things you know, that you had never dreamed of.
You could realistically make several hundreds to thousands a month at this. Even better if you can live on something like $12,000 a year!
Ways To Generate A Quick Cash Income Writing
- Technical Manual Writing. Its a pretty known fact that most programmers absolutely hate writing help files and technical manuals. This could be a very lucrative proposition for you if software is your thing. You could write a manual for some software that is vital to the enterprise market, for e.g.., "business intelligence software", such as CRM or ERP software. Then, if you are savvy with screen casting software, compose some how-to screen casts on the finer points of using a particular program. The bigger money is being able to address very specific needs, such as how to use a given software to solve an invoicing problem. Technical writers can earn close to 100k a year creating this type of documentation. There are companies that will pay you to do this, especially if you have an already established audience.
- Writing Essays for Students. Ok, I am not exactly endorsing plagiarism here, but, you could offer your services as an academic writing tutor. Students could submit you a rough copy and you could outline grammatical and mechanical changes to their writing. There do seem to be no shortage of people online offering to write whole essays on any topic, starting at around $10 a page and up, depending on the urgency/notice given. Not only could you re-write all or part of essays and term papers, you could also include fees for special assignments and research.
- Write T-Shirt Slogans. By now, we've all heard of this concept known as a "meme". The Internet is, among other things, a meme garden. There is no way to stop an idea. If you have a passion for any sort of social, ecological, or political issues, then creating a small sideline cash t-shirt business could be for you. It doesn't necessarily have to be anything profound either, you could make some cool t-shirts that resonate with pet owners, like these cat t-shirts. Again, the only limits here are your creativity and imagination.
- Bumper Stickers. Same as with t-shirts, bumper stickers could be either a huge nationwide success, or limited to local issues. You could very well create a niche crafting stickers for various non-profits and political causes. Depending on the goal, the more provocative the message, the better. It only takes a few simple, clear words to provoke any one of a number of emotions in the reader. Mind you, they needn't necessarily be provocative, you could also create a bumper sticker to promote your organization, church, team, or local business.
- Write E-Books. The easiest way for you to write your own book is to self-publish an e-book. It is the simplest book there is and usually sells for anywhere of upwards of $15. Tim Ferris is one example of someone who has created several successful ebooks and has likely made a lucrative sum doing this. These days, its easy for anyone learn how to make your own Amazon Kindle ebook in just hours. A best practice for writing ebooks is to write in a clear concise, conversational manner and if you must include any unusual or technical terms, be sure to include a glossary and the proper annotations and endnotes. As mentioned in the beginning, a good topic is usually some kind of do-it-yourself theme, such as off-grid living or growing one's own food. Anything that gives the reader practical information on how to save money provides valuable information to people. This is one of many examples of jobs that pay cash under the table
- Paid Forum Posting. There are established Internet forums for every topic imaginable. With new ones being created daily, there is fierce competition for traffic and subscribers. There are "middleman" companies out there that will pay you, the expert, for strategic posts on behalf of their clients. In other cases, the forum owners and/or administrators will pay per post to start discussions, or influence them. Accordingly, in this age of propaganda, there are specialized companies that pay for political posts to influence people's perception. Or, another idea - why don't you start such a service? Like all of the other suggestions, this is something you can do on your own terms, from home - or - fly under the radar.
*Disclaimer: working and intentionally not declaring income is, in most cases, a federal offense. This website in no way endorses tax evasion. In any event, I thought it might be useful to post a list of such positions in hope that it might give some ideas on how to get some extra revenue flowing in these extraordinarily difficult times as a stop gap towards legitimate self-employment. It is highly probable that some of these ideas can lead to you establishing your own, legitimate business. f you do manage to come up with a job that pays cash, "under the table", it allows you access to 100% of your earnings up front, as long as you pay the taxes in the next tax season, when they are due--essentially allowing you some more money up front. This information is for information and entertainment purposes only.